Monday, July 26, 2010

C-Section

UGH!! What can I say...I am not a fan! I had never really considered having a c-section. I guess deep down inside I just knew my body would be good enough to have this baby the old fashion way, except not without my dear friend Mr. Epidural. LOL!

The healing and pain from the surgery was just so aggrevating to me. It was not how I visioned the aftermath of L&D. I didn't know I was gonna be struggling to get up out of bed without the fear of tearing open. I didn't know I was gonna have to apply pressure there when I sneezed or laughed or coughed. I didn't know that when I walked, which I was suppose to be doing in the hospital, that I would be hunched over at first until I got use to it. So annoying to say the least. I just had NO CLUE how the recovery was gonna go. I got home and I was bacially upset at the fact that I couldn't do things I wanted to do. I felt so helpless. I couldn't wait for things to heal and be normal again. It wasn't until about 2 weeks later that I felt like I could stand up straight and walk. But even at my 6 week appt. when the dr. cleared me to work out, I was still paranoid and still felt sore. I just didn't see HOW on EARTH I could run again anytime soon. It wasn't until 8 weeks after my surgery that I even tried to exercise or run. And BOY did I feel like a cow pounding on the pavement. Those extra pounds that I was still carrying made a HUGE difference. I was out of breath in no time.

So in other words, I wish I had not had a c-section. And now I have to have one with the next baby...if I can even handle going through the recovery again. That was BY FAR the worst part of anything. Pregnancy, I can handle, but the later part was for the birds!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I totally understand how you feel! My first c-section was the WORST! I didn't even get cleared to drive until 8 weeks because the recovery had been so hard and I was still in pain until then. I think being in labor for a long time makes a difference and takes a huge toll on your body. Let me tell you though, next time around it will probably be 100% easier! At least mine was and everyone else I know who has had a scheduled c-section says it's a piece of cake just to go in and not go through labor and have "surgery". Yes, there's still the pain and some recovery, but it's nothing like the first time. I felt normal 2 weeks later. Hopefully yours won't be so bad either! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...don't tell me all of this! I just found out Wednesday that looks like with this 3rd one, I will be having a C-Section. Never had one with the 1st two. So I am not looking forward to it, especially if it's as you say! Grrr....

    ReplyDelete