Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bringing Baby Home

For the first night home, I think I slept for maybe 3 broken up hours. I sat in the chair with Cason on a pillow because I wanted him to be comfy while he peacefully slept. I was so paranoid about SIDS and everything else I could be paranoid about that I just couldn't really sleep. The next day I was so sleep deprived it was getting BAD. So the 2nd night home, my mom came to help me through the night so I could catch a few more Z's. However, I could still barely sleep. The 3rd night, I tried to be strong and told my mom I could do it without her. And guess what...I ended up calling her to come back for the 4th night. I was just not getting ANY sleep. That whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing is HARD to do! Especially for someone like me who can always think of something that needs to be done.

So by the 5th night I had recovered some from the lack of sleep, and didn't need mom to help me. So Eric and I decided "Hey let's both sleep on the bed in the baby's room and put him in his crib." Hahaha! Yeah right! That boy DID NOT want anything to do with his crib. So begins my 3 weeks of co-sleeping. I know this is mosly frowned upon, but I became desperate for sleep. So with Eric sleeping in our bed with Charro (who must have been loving this arrangement because he doesn't usually sleep in our bed) and Me sleeping with Cason in Cason's room all seemed wonderful. I was getting more sleep than I knew what to do with. At this point, 5-6 hours seemed like a lot! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment