Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surprise, Surprise!!

Ohhhhhhhhh what a glorious day!! Let me begin by telling you what happen almost a month ago. On April 9th I was was so excited because Megan was coming in town and my Baby Shower was the next day! So after work I went home and was greeted by 2 boxes! With a big smile on my face I grabbed the boxes and took them into the kitchen to grab the scissors. Opened them and TADA!! A Baby Gift and my Hostess Gifts had arrived! So I took everything into the nursery and tied the ribbons around my hostess gifts. Then I went into the bathroom to change and take off my jewelry because I had already planned to trim the hedge before Megan's arrival. I wanted the yard to look nice, not that she cared. Lol! Eric was leaving to go fishing so it was gonna be a Megan/LeeAnn fun night!

Soooo that's how it all began. I remember every step I took perfectly up to that point. Then Megan arrives and we unload her car and then get ready for dinner. We went to Mi Familia's because it was a NEW place for Megan to try. (She's been here so many times, she's had just about everything there is) I'm pretty sure I remember sitting down at the table, looking at the menu and saying "Oh man I forgot my ring" Didn't think much of it, just assumed I forgot to grab it on the way out. So we get home and I was washing my face, looked up and OH MY GOSH!! My wedding rings were not on the jewelry stand! I went into a panic! I searched EVERYHWERE. I even text Eric and asked if he was playing a trick on me because I had left them. Of course, he didn't have them. So I couldn't sleep very well that night because all I could think about were my rings and how could I have lost them!

I put all that behind me and had a wonderful shower on Saturday and tried not to think about it. Come Sunday, Eric and I searched and searched EVERYWHERE 100 times over and still NO RINGS!! I cried and cried and Eric comforted me by telling me "Us guys buy those rings for yall, we don't care anything about them." Wow, what an understanding husband he was while I couldn't stop balling my eyes out.

So come Monday I had Cody watch our surveillance camera from Friday to see if maybe I had left it, maybe the cleaning lady found it. And nothing indicated that. The cleaning lady even cleaned out the entire vacuum bag to look and see if my ring was in it. STILL NO SIGN OF IT!!

The next weekend Eric and I headed to Abilene for a little shopping trip. While we were there he bought me a sweet little ring so I would at least have something nice on my finger (up until this point I was wearing my $8 fake ring). I told him I didn't think I deserved anything over $100 after losing my beautiful rings! But he still did me right and got me this sweet ring.

NOW COMES THE BEST PART!!!!!!

Today, May 6th, (almost a month ago) has been truly AMAZING!! First, I get to work and there are balloons on my office door and window....I walk in my office and there are presents everywhere! Shelly had organized an Office Diaper Shower for me! SUCH A SURPRISE!! I had NOT expected this AT ALL! Then, Megan calls my office phone and I thought "this is odd, Megan usually doesn't call me first thing in the morning" so I picked it up and was greeted with "I am about to make your day!" I had NO CLUE how she could MAKE MY DAY at this point. She proceeds to tell me "I FOUND YOUR RING!!!!" Holy Cow!! I had left my ring in Megan's car when we went to eat at Mi Familia's. SERIOUSLY!! Why could I not remember taking it off in the car and putting lotion on??!! My pregnant brain REALLY got the best of me this time!

That was a long story, but I had to document it ALL! So Today has been and will continue to be AMAZING!! Diapers, rings being found and a party with FOOD here at work!! WOO HOO!! What a day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment